Fuji is releasing the X100F in the coming weeks.
I’m going to go on the record and say that this will be the perfect camera for all of the moms out there. It is the perfect size to fit in your purse and carry with you everywhere you go, it has gorgeous image quality, and it looks damn nice as well.
First, lets see the anticipated specs:
- A control Ring on lens, like on the X70
- OVF/EVF Lever will have an integrated button
- No Tilt Screen
- 23mm f/2 lens
- Same battery as the x100t
- integrated shutter/ISO dial
- Front dial
- 24MP X-Trans III Sensor (Same as X-T2)
- X-Processor Pro
Based on this information, it will be a somewhat incremental change from the X100T. That said, it is reaching a very high level of refinement after 4 generations. This camera has become better in every way since its launch. The shutter lag is gone, the autofocus is faster, the high-iso quality better, ergonomics improved, and image quality has made large gains.
Why it’s the best camera for moms?
Here are my reasons:
- Ease of shooting, it is so easy to put on aperture priority, shutter priority, or full auto. The Auto ISO works in almost every situation.
- Quick Start up. You see a moment that needs captured and it is ready to go in an instant
- Autofocus. The autofocus is finally able to keep up with moving children.
- Image quality. The photos look incredible straight out of the camera, no more shooting in RAW.
- Looks. This camera just looks good. It fits with practically every outfit.
I don’t think there is a better full package out there, for the price range. You’d have to spend thousands more on a DSLR to get better results, at the expense of weight, size, and ease of use.
WIFI, you can send images straight to your phone for use on social media.
Double Exposure and Art Modes.. fun effects that you can see on the screen before you take the photo.
Panorama mode. You can take incredible stitched panoramas, great for family vacations.
What I dislike:
I do wish the batteries had slightly better life, but the easy fix is to always carry a spare or two.
I would also love to see fun colors on the body, black and silver are just a bit.. boring 🙂
Have you shot with the Fuji x100 series? If so, leave a comment and let me know what you think!